I was married to a U.S. citizen, but he abused me. We are not together anymore. Can I still get papers?

New York VAWA Petition Lawyer Advice: The law says that if you are married to a U.S. citizen and are a victim of domestic violence or spouse abuse, you may apply for your green card by yourself, without your spouse. It is called a VAWA (The Violence Against Women Act) Petition. It’s a complicated petition and it is not easy to get approved by the USCIS. However, we handled many such cases and are very experienced in helping our clients get a green card if there was abuse in the marital relationship.

Call us (646) 543-0745 to schedule a consultation. Or, write to us – use the “Contact Us” form to the bottom of this text. One of our attorneys will reply to you within the same day. You’ll be glad you called. You’ll know what to do.

Call Us Now

The easiest way to reach us is to drop us a line or simply give us a call. Our main telephone number is:

Violence Against Women Act

Violence Against Women Act or VAWA

Yakov Spektor recently had the opportunity to speak with Mike Levitis of JurisQ.com and answer your questions. Most recently he answered questions regarding political asylum

Read More »